The weather is turning crisp and the leaves are beginning to fall = the perfect time to enjoy this autumn recipe from your cozy indoors!
- 1 lb pappardelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Mediterranean roasted red peppers, patted dry and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6-8 sage leaves, chiffonade
- Prepare pasta, cook until al dente. Reserve 1 C cooking water and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage to skillet with Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Cook until cooked through, remove from skillet. Leave 1 tbsp oil in the pan.
- Add in onion, cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in roasted red peppers, cook for 1 minute.
- Add in pumpkin puree, cook for 3-4 minutes. This will cook the liquid out of it.
- Add in chicken stock, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in heavy cream, stir to combine.
- Add in nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add in pasta water 1/4 C at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Add in noodles, stir to incorporate.
- Top with more grated cheese, rosemary, thyme, sage, and red pepper flakes.
We got the delicious recipe from Ozark Natural Foods. Check out their website for more recipes like this.